Friday, July 20, 2007

The gates are open.....and their off....


So we thought!




Chris and I got up at 3am Thursday morning, showered and packed out things in the car for our journey of chasing the sun!! HAHAHA


We got to Rochester International within 10 mins of leaving! Thanks Uncle Lou for the lift!! We were through the gate check and security like a bolt of lightening! Our flight was set to leave on time at 620am. After some coffee the boarding began!


And their off.........smooth beautiful sunrise......better get used to that since from this moment on we are chasing the sun!! WOW....


We are going to be early into Newark!! What luck we will have plenty of time to get something to eat and relax.


HOLD IT


The captain just announced that some fog had rolled into Newark and they were only allowing a few planes every fews mins to land.....ok so we are in a holding pattern! I can deal with this, it is only 700..plenty of time!!


Fast forward an hour and we are sitting on a tarmac in Allentown PA....with about 15 other planes that were holding with us!


Not to worry we are just going to refuel and be on our way!


HAHAHAHA


Fast forward 3 hours, it is now 1030 and we are beginning to worry that we will make our connecting flight out of Newark. I called the airline to see if that plane were taking had arrived!! I did, one of the first planes to land!! HAHAHAHAHA Can you believe it?!?!?


Anywho, we finally made it to Newark at 1110 and the race was on since you know, as with most airports, the connecting gate is always 17 miles away!!!


But have no fear, we made it, and with time to stop and get coffee and some breakfast.....woohooo cuz i was one hungry camper!!


Fast forward 25 hours!!


NiHao from Beijing!!


It was a great, fantastic, awe inspiring trip!! Hard to believe that I was on my way to get my little girl and that we were doing this in China!!
This post is getting long but I just wanted to quickly share our meals while in flight....you are not gonna believe this!!!
First meal - Leslea:
Filet, dinner roll, rice, salad with smoked salmon, and a cookie.
Second meal:
Cheeseburger and haagen das ice cream
Third meal:
scrambled eggs, augratin potatos, and cookie
First meal - Chris
Cod, rice, snap peas, carrots, dinner roll, salad with smoked salmon and a cookie
Second Meal:
Cheeseburger and haagen das ice cream
Third meal:
Dim sum and noodles
All I can say is ....YUMMY
As I finish this post it is 1230, local time, I laid down for a rest and woke up at 1133pm....HAHAHA, do you think I was tired??
Tomorrow we are off to the Forbidden city, Tian En Men square, and Summer Palace.
More to come!!
Love you all
Chris Leslea and soon little Olivia

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Greetings from the 5th floor! Marty found a way to get to blogger so we will be able to see you with your BEAUTIFUL Olivia Jade tomorrow!!!!
Goodness knows we did enough walking today to bring on those labor pains!! ;) You are down to less than 24 hours to parenthood! HOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to be AWESOME parents!!!!

Hugs,
Marty, Sharon & Brinley

Anonymous said...

Dang- What airline are you flying? High Falutin' Air? What was 4th meal by the way? Race to the bathroom?

HAHAHA!

Derondah and I have been thinking about you every step of the way. I'm jealous- I want to be there too. Maybe by the time I wake up, (it's 730 am here- working nights so it's bedtime...) I'll be an uncle!

Love you guys,
Chuck

Anonymous said...

PS I am looking at the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square with Google Earth right now....

Chuck