Saturday, July 28, 2007

First Plane Ride







We left Hohhot this morning about 740am on our way to Guangzhou. Olivia did very well for her first 3 hour flight. She only had a few moments where she wanted to get off at the next cloud. I had to stand in the aisle for most of the trip and thankfully the rest of the passengers were helping to keep her occupied! Since we needed to get her up at 430am I thought she would soon be asleep, oh boy was I wrong!! She went to sleep the last 5 mins of the flight and promptly awoke when I got out of my seat.





We got to the hotel about 1130, went for a quick walk to get our barrings, had lunch at the Cow and Bridge - this awesome Thai place - Olivia and Mama was asleep at 2pm. Whew, much needed sleep!





Sharon and Marty arrived safely at 4pm, it was nice to see some familiar people! Dinner was at Lucy's, Chris and I had fish and chips and ice tea!! Yes, I said ice tea!! It was heaven in a glass. Since we can not drink the water here we have been drinking bottled water without ice! Not my favorite thing. I am a full glass of ice girl with a little drink :-)....





Mom, Aunt Katsy and Aunt Ann you are going to love this, last night Olivia sang to Mama and Dada. We were trying to get her to go to sleep, after the initial cry fest she laid there for a while twirling her hair. We were laying in bed next to her cuz if you leave she will wake the whole hotel! Anyway, she started bobbing up in the crib to see if we were still there and then back down, she did this 11 times! You bet we counted...HAHAHAHA. Once she was done with the bobbing she started to sing, mamama bababababa lalalala, over and over and over and over and over and over! Mom I was truly re-living nannerleeler!! HAHAHA





IT WAS GREAT!! We were lying there trying our best not to laugh out loud!



Good night for now! Talk to ya'll soon!

Hugs and Kisses,
Olivia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear we are going to have another musical child in the family. I'm glad the first flight is over but the big one is yet to come. Hopefully she'll sleep some next time. I know you and Chris are exhausted. I wish I were there to help you. Nanner