Friday, August 3, 2007

Official Oath

To catch you all up on the activities...

On 8/1 we met Marty and Sharon for breakfast at the Victory, this would be our last as we needed to be checked out of our room by and downstairs to meet Judy at 230. Judy is our guide that took us to the Consulate for the Official Oath. We did a bit more shopping - although we really did not buy much at all. Chris and I had a hard enough time leaving Hohhot with our Luggage and Olivia, I could not imagine adding any more to the load. There really is alot of shopping that can be down while in Guangzhoa and many families will buy another suitcase for the trip home. Heck, I could not imagine it, yeesh, we had enough! HAHAHA

Anyway, we were downstairs at 200, boarded our bus at 230 and off we go to the Consulate. We were actually the first family there but it really does not matter as the Oath is taken all together. We logged walked through security and into this bank teller looking room. Olivia did really well during the wait. Within about 15-20 minutes Chris and I were called to the bank teller window, the lady behind the window look at us, the passport, and a picture of Olivia to ensure we are all who we say we are. We got a receipt and sat back down. Marty and Sharon did the same. There were maybe 50 other families there so we needed to wait while the same thing happened for everyone. This complete the Consulate Director came out to start making the official announcement. She went over the coveted brown envelope and the importance to take this in your carry on and NOT TO OPEN the envelope. Now normally, just like a kid you tell them not to do something and what is the first thing they do??? Do what you have told them not to do.....BUT in this case I was good, curiosity was there but there was NO way I was going to open that envelope!! Nope not gonna do it!! Then the director asked us to stand and repeat after her...."I solemnly swear the information I have provided is accurate and true....."then I started losing my marbles. I did not go into a full blown cry but I was emotional. After years of waiting, this was truly happening. I was really a Momma! Oh and yeah, I did say ALL the oath, just a little ragged at times. :-) Unfortunately, not video or cameras are allowed in the consulate so we will only have our memories,

After this was completed we were whisked off to make our train to Hong Kong. We only had about 40 minutes to get there and get loaded. Got sneakers and baby will run if needed....we did!

To be continued....

We love everyone
Leslea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you how much these pictures mean to us. Your Mom called and told me to go to the blog and I almost knocked frank down getting to it. Don't stop it is the best thing in any of my days.
Katsy